We are a community-partnership program where adults whose lives have been affected by mental illness come voluntarily to rebuild their lives.
We operate an accredited “clubhouse” program, an award-winning, evidenced-based approach to self-directed recovery. We help help people with mental illnesses stay out of hospitals, and realize goals of social, financial, educational, and vocational independence.
One of 14 clubhouses in Florida, and more than 300 across the world, we
- Promote dignity, social Inclusion, and recovery
- Provide meaningful work that builds stamina, confidence, and social skills
- Help Members rejoin their communities.
- Reduce stigma and discrimination
- Emphasize abilities & talents
- Assist with access to services, supports, housing
- Help Members build meaningful relationships
- Abide by the International Clubhouse Model
Our services include
- Work readiness
- Resume building
- Help with job applications
- Help with educational resources
- Access to community resources
- Affordable meals
- Skill development
- Social events
Evidence-based research on the Clubhouse model
- Florida Clubhouse Statewide Facts Flyer
- Cost effectiveness
- In-depth research reference literature
- Certification Standards
- Deidra Simon (email@example.com)
- Brett Buell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Maggie Hannon (email@example.com)
- Rob Ellis (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Cristina Quiroga (email@example.com)
- Mia Chisolm (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Kaitlyn Roberts (email@example.com)
Board of Directors
Meet our board here.
The Gainesville Opportunity Center, Inc. (GOC) is a primary corporate entity that has established itself as a non-for-profit agency with Federal 501(c)(3) status since May 14, 2007. The GOC helps adults living with mental illness re-integrate into the community. Based on an innovative and proven program, the International Clubhouse Model, we work side by side in w work environment to increase meaningful activity. The people we serve are our Members, not our patients, or clients. We do not charge for our services, and Members can participate for as long as they wish. Much more than simply a program or a social service, a Clubhouse is most importantly a community of people who are working together to achieve a common goal: to (re)join the worlds of friendships, family, employment and education.
We work with a large collection of community providers. See Community Resources. We occasionally make the local press. See Press Mentions. We are located in beautiful Gainesville, Florida. For more information on Gainesville, see About Gainesville. Considering and internship? See Interns.
Empower adults affected with mental illness through social involvement and employment for self-directed recovery.
Gainesville Opportunity Center, Inc.
1210 NW 14th Ave.
Gainesville, FL 32601
Phone: (352) 224-5523
General Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices for Protected Health Information
Website Legal Info
Need to submit a Grievance?
Submit a grievance here: email@example.com
Or you can file a complaint with the: Florida Department of Children and Families, Office of Civil Rights, HIPPA Privacy Officer, 1317 Winewood Blvd, Building 1, Room 110, Tallahassee FL 32399-0700, Tel. (850)487-1901 Fax (850)921-8470
Or File a complaint with the: US Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights 200 Independence Avenue SW, Washington DC 20201 or by calling 1-877-696-6775 www.hhs.gov/hipaa/filing-a-complaint/index.html